Molaga bajji - Ginger tea weather in Chennai
June 29, 2016, Chennai
Ads after article title
This year has seen an even contest between the weather Gods. After the floods, we had a fairly warm December – January, traditionally known to be the best season in Chennai. We had predictions that the summer is going to be sizzling.
When summer arrived it stayed true to its word – early summer hit high 30s and we just stopped short of frying eggs on tar and concrete.
However, the last few weeks, beautiful weather has taken over and, the good news is that, it is here to stay for a week more.
Here is how to make the most of it:
1. Step out for molaga bajji and ginger tea – if you are in and around Adayar – check out the bajji stall near Adyar Lifestyle Supermark, just around the corner from Aavin circle.
2. Break the norm that ladies do not wear rain coats – carrying an umbrella especially if you are on a 2-wheeler is not funny anymore.
3. There is a stomach flu doing the rounds – boil the water, stay safe (that’s why molaga bajji is followed by ginger tea)
4. If you are bunking work – college – school, please getting over powered by romance and head off to ECR. That highway has ghosts even on a normal day – monsoon drive on ECR – be doubly safe and board a good old Pallavan bus.
5. It’s awesome weather to catch up on sleep – invest in a fluffy bed sheet.
6. Don’t bother going to the beach for sunrise – the show is off this week
7. Remember this summer for ever – it doesn’t get more beautiful than this in Chennai.