Now sign this petition to Remove Toll in OMR
June 28, 2016, Chennai
Ads after article title
Reasons Why OMR Toll should not be charged
1. Construction of the IT (so called) highway is still incomplete. In many sections the service lanes are not completed.
2. Foot over bridges are poorly maintained and are often used as public bars by micreants
You can see herds of cattle on the road - that endanger lives, mainly of two-wheeler riders
4. Signals do not work consistently
5. For a toll road it does not have a single flyover to reduce congestion
6. Tidel signal alone takes more than 20 minutes to cross in peak hour
7. Rain water collects in Perungudi, two spots in Thorapakkam and in Sholinganallur junction - usually for half a feet, sometime up to 1 feet
8. Lane discipline is not maintained - which was done even in our old Mount Road before construction started
9. Pedestrians cross the road at all points - causing life threatening accidents
10. It is within the expanding limits of Chennai city - how can toll be charged in a city road
Saiprasad YR started "Remove Toll in OMR alias Rajiv Gandhi Salai"petition with a single signature, and now has 2,822 supporters.
Please give your support by signing this simple petition. https://www.change.org/p/remove-toll-in-omr-alias-rajiv-gandhi-salai-chennai?tk=mgzYFf-N8Oz9pzH3mYFqbqGLT9OV_h5iCR-nDORyGl4&utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature_receipt&utm_campaign=new_signature